Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So little do I know...

In the many years I've walked this earth I've spent a bit of time having sex.. giving sex.. watching sex.. even just thinking about sex.. and I thought I'd learned just about enough to keep myself and my partners happy. From my sexual infancy exploring different types and lengths of orgasms was a blissful challenge I was all too thrilled to call my primary form of recreation. With the tender encouragement of Poseidon I learned to be multi-orgasmic. I'm currently enjoying the challenge of learning to deep throat a rock hard cock.

I understand my knowledge is only so vast.. but I never considered it to be still in its infancy until I read this article on Catalina's blog. I've never actually been exposed to someone who was really into the BDSM side of sex and was never particularly interested in exploring it myself. And while I may have fantasies that involve me being tied up and ravaged by hordes of men and women who would love to have their way with me.. that doesn't mean I'd ever really like to make such scenarios reality. I think, at least for now, that those images need to stay in my fantasies. But reading that article must have sparked some latent curiosity within me, some hidden spark that was just waiting for the proper nudge to make me open up to the whole concept and all it has to offer the sexually adventurous.

As I read the article I found I kept asking myself the basic question of why? Forget about the whole Dom/Sub issues.. that I can wrap my head around.. what I didn't get was the actual mechanism involved that would make deprivation of oxygen, regardless of means, improve sex and the pleasure derived therefrom. Enter Google. I love Google. I searched and I learned. Among other things pertaining to this technique called breath control play I found a video of a Sub getting stroked to ejaculation while standing on a stack of phone books, a noose tied around his neck. As he begins to cum his Dom kicks the support out from under him and allows him to dangle as his orgasm continues, then quickly goes off screen to release the rope from its hook while his orgasm subsides. I watched, partially in horror, as this scene, lasting mere seconds and not even remotely erotic to me, played out. Unfortunately, this scene did nothing to explain to me why this action was even associated with sex.. but now as I learn more I may at least be able to understand part of it.

Even though I may not be able to appreciate the requirement for the elaborate means to which this pair arrived at their end I am beginning to understand the goal they targeted. While I may never share their appreciation for ropes, or be tempted by a gas mask, I definitely can tell you that the simple act of reducing my oxygen supply by controlling my breathing towards that end did wonders for the intensity of my orgasms last night. I guess I still have a lot to learn.

2 comments:

Penelope said...

holy crap, you've been updating! with pictures!

vsk witness said...

Nice post. I like to see more on this subject